In the first week of life a calf is likely to expend extra energy to keep warm, so the use of calf jackets on one to five week old calves can make significant savings on feed, medication and bedding costs, by better conversion of energy to growth rather than using the energy to keep warm. This in turn reduces the risk of pneumonia and scours from chills, draughts and changeable temperature.
Cosy Calf Jackets provide:
· Optimum Protection at low temperatures.
· Breathable and water repellent fabric.
· High quality for long life.
· Easy to use.
· Machine washable at 50° C.
· Available in large for Holstein and beef breeds and small for Jerseys.
· One chest strap and two adjustable leg straps.
· Two adjustable belly straps.